History

The origins of Santacana complements is back to 1896 when opened our first factory of gloves in the number fourteen of the central street carts of Madrid with the name of gloves Zurro. As it used to happen at that time, the responsible married the daughter of Mr.Zurro and when Mr. Zurro died they changed the name to gloves Mario Herrero, who continued the tradition of glove maker. They kept the shop in 14 Carretas Street but opened two branches at 10 Carretas street and 33 Alcalá Street.

More info

Gloves

The modern gloves begins in 1834 when the Frenchman Xavier Jouvin develops the universal sizing of gloves. Before Jouvin each master glove maker had its own size. It took more than five years to develop this universal method that is still used in the traditional gloves. Contrary to what may seem, the size is not calculated by measuring the length of the fingers, but the width of the hand at the height of the knuckles and regardless of the thumb.

More info